Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 2, 2010

Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer


Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. An Eclipse Novella.
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Release Date: June 5th, 2010
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young
Pages: 178
ISBN: 031612558X (isbn13: 9780316125581)
Age: Young Adult
Summary from goodreads.com:
Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits.

In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.

Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire.

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.

Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?
I'm going to be honest, I wan't interested in reading this book. I read the entire Twilight saga and I liked it, but I just preferred to read something else.

So I wasn't going to read this book until I broke my arm and my parents wanted to give me a gift. I pick it up, and I was instantly hooked.

The writing reminded me why I read and enjoyed Twilight. It may not be a classic, but it doesn't let you go. I just kept reading until I finished.

I vaguely remembered Bree from her 5 seconds of fame at Eclipse, but of course in this book she is the main character. She is a very young girl with a good heart. Nervous and very scared, in a way she remind me of Bella. It was nice to read her, easy. She makes you feel comfortable.

The story was much more than I was expecting, but that is probably because I wasn't expecting anything at all. You get to read more about vampires, specially newborn, but I didn't read anything new about that. But the author creates another side of the story that was interesting enough to keep reading, even when you know what was going to happen.

I actually enjoyed it, and I recommend it if you read Twilight serie and liked it. You shouldn't miss it.

Rating: 

More about this book at www.breetanner.com | Amazon | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment